texture tuesday || softly summer free and easy

IMG_0018-1WM

i've missed a few weeks of posting with you all over at
texture tuesday ...

a bit of an update first:
back in august i shared with you the story of my nephew here in this post.
i want to thank those of you who thought of him and prayed.

early on a beautiful sunday morning, september 7th,
just before we were to make our trip to visit him,
God called our TJ home.
quietly and in his sleep, he left the pain behind.

much has transpired since then.
a sadness prevails in our family ...
and there will always be a void in our hearts.
but hope indeed reigns.



i'm sharing this image with kim's cafe.
i love roses, but have never grown them.
this particular one is called 'grandma's blessing' ...
it's one that our neighbors planted for us before they moved.
this just bloomed recently and I wanted to share it's loveliness.
it truly has been a 'blessing' to watch it grow.

sad to think that summer has come to an end ...
but we can know for sure that beauty can be found in any season!

my free and easy recipe:
kk_violet
multiplied @ 40% opacity

click the link's above to join in!
{ i've tried uploading the TT button from kim's site a few times,
but as you can see below, it's broken. has anyone else had the same problem? }


hope you all are enjoying a wonderful week weather wise.
fall seems to be making an early appearance with much cooler temperatures,
along with wind and rain that are on the way for the weekend.
even with the past few days of indian summer warmth,
the leaves are beginning to turn and fall.
hoping the weekend weather has a change of heart ...
i'd love to capture more fall colors to share.

blessings to you,
- deborah xo

12 comments:

  1. Oh, Deborah, I'm so sorry hear about your nephew. My first husband died 14 years ago suddenly in our basement from his heart. He was only 38 and I was left with four small children, one only 5 months old. I know how your nephew's wife is feeling. There is hope. I can attest to that. I will say a prayer for her. There is a book called Tear Soup. I will look for a link to it. I have given many copies as gifts after we loved it so. It's written as for a child but adults will find such comfort in it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh jill, thank you for your kind and caring words, and for sharing about this book!
      i got the link you left below, and checked into it, and will get a copy to share.
      i am truly sorry to hear about your loss, as well!
      thank you for sharing with me the hope you found through it!

      Delete
  2. Here is the book:
    http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/tear-soup-pat-schwiebert/1101968561?cm_mmc=google+product+search-_-q000000633-_-9780961519766pla-_-book_15to24-_-q000000633-_-9780961519766&ean=9780961519766&isbn=9780961519766&kpid=9780961519766&r=1

    Maybe not something you are interested in, but thought I'd share it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Deborah, I'm so sorry to hear about your nephew, I know your hearts are heavy but I hope you will all find comfort in each other.
    Beautiful image, so soft and delicate, with lovely pastel colors.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry to hear this. Blessings to you and your family

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so sorry for your loss! All the best to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm so sorry for your family's loss. I'm sending you love and hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh my -- prayer continue in your behalf and your nephew's family.. Truly a difficult time..
    Your photo image is very endearing -- lovely colors - so soft and calming..
    I'll be thinking of you dear friend..
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh thank you, kris, and it's so good to see you here again!
      i haven't been around for awhile since this post, but i'm hoping to be sharing again very soon!
      i'll also be visiting you, as well, to do some overdue catching up, my friend!
      blessings and hugs xo

      Delete

Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever... it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything. - Aaron Siskind

Please do leave a comment to let me know you were here, and I'll stop in and say hi at your place, as well! I know how precious time is these days, and I really do appreciate your visit! xoxo