texture tuesday || free and easy

Texture Tuesday || Free and Easy


oh my, it's been far too long since i spent time sharing here,
but i haven't forgotten any of you just as i said in my 'last-long-ago' post!

i could go into all the details of my absence,
but for now i'll keep it short and simple to say that after a long cold winter,
as well as life's sometimes difficult journey with those we love along the way,
and gratefully watching as spring turned into summer,
it's good to be back!

i needed some time away to give my attention to some on-going family issues
but now, i can no longer put off continuing on with this passion of mine ...
i've missed it so!

for my 'welcome back' post i'm starting with a weekly favorite ...
kim's texture tuesday.

now mind you, it's been a little while since i've taken time to sit and create so i'm a bit rusty.
these lovely corn flowers were growing in the garden at our church.
after editing this image to the tone i preferred
i actually layered it with kim's 'anna' two times as follows ...

the first layer 
multiply . 60% opacity
the second layer .
screen . 25% opacity

there, you have it ... and i hope you all have a wonderful weekend.
i plan on seeing you next tuesday, and maybe even before. :)
in the meantime, we're enjoying some 'fall-like' weather here ...
it's early for these temperatures, but we're so grateful for the break from the humidity.

i'm heading over to the 'the cafe' now to see more textured images
and catch up with some old friends ...
just click the button below to come along and join me!

blessings,
- deborah
xoxo


“Texture

24 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're back, I love your photo today, coneflowers are always such a pretty flower to photograph :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much, caz!! it's good to be back!
      sending thoughts and prayers to you, my friend! xo

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. thank you, cheri, and thank you for the return visit!

      Delete
  3. Deborah, thanks for visiting my blog. Glad you are "back". I love this group!. Your image is gorgeous….I like the desaturated effect….so subtle.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and thank you for the return visit and comment, marilyn! it is good to be back, and i love this group, too ... so much inspiration from everyone!

      Delete
  4. Well, if this is *rusty*, I can't wait to see *polished*! This is a lovely shot and the processing is wonderful. I can relate to you post today as our family is going through difficult journeys right now as well…which sometimes provides ideas for great blogging material! Thank you for stopping by my place and leaving such a nice comment. I hope to see you back some day. I love finding other bloggers who have a strong faith.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh my, thank you very much, lisa! i do appreciate your kind words. i so hope to improve as i go along, though. so many others have since i've been away. i desperately need more practice but family has been much more important. i also know quite a few who are also going through difficulties right now, too, lisa ... seems the whole world is in turmoil these days! we are praying that things improve here as well as around the world. we know that God is in control whatever happens, and we are in His loving hands. i pray things get better for you, as well. it was so nice to meet you, and i will be following you so i'm sure we'll see each other again! :) blessings to you!

      Delete
  5. Deborah, there is no "rustiness" here! :) It is just lovely. I love the crop and composition. It is really nice to have you back!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, my friend! after seeing how far your work has come i feel i need much more practice, but your kind words are indeed encouraging! it's good to be back, too! i'll be visiting you soon to see your entry. blessings to you, beverly!

      Delete
  6. You don't look too rusty to me. That is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol ... thank you so much for that vote of confidence, roxi! :)
      there are days I do need it!
      p.s. i would have replied earlier to this comment,
      but I'm just now seeing it!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. thank you, Earl! coneflowers are one of my favorites, too!

      Delete
  8. Replies
    1. thank you, rosanna ... it does bring a sense of calm when i hear it, too!

      Delete
  9. This is just absolutely beautiful - wonderful dof and texture. Welcome back!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. such kind and encouraging words, barb! thank you, and it's good to be back!

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. thank you so much, and simple things are what i prefer, too!

      Delete

Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever... it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything. - Aaron Siskind

Please do leave a comment to let me know you were here, and I'll stop in and say hi at your place, as well! I know how precious time is these days, and I really do appreciate your visit! xoxo