texture tuesday || pOp eDition

this week's theme over at kim's cafe is ...

pOp!

now, we all know that could be portrayed in a variety of ways.
so i began to think of a few things i could photograph that would fit that description ...
here's my list of words containing 'pOp',
as well as things that actually do go 'pOp' ...

pOpcorn
bubble gum
ballOOns
pOp tarts
bubble wrap
push pOps
firecrackers
pOpeye
ears that pOp,
and even knuckles can pOp ...
{ooooh, I cringe just thinking of that one!!}

other things pOp, like the colours in an image,
and then there's pOp culture.

i'm thinking most of you will use colours that pOp for this theme,
but still, i'm looking forward to seeing your ideas as well!

however; the word 'burst' might best describe my version ... these huge blackberries!
all i know is when you bite into them, their juicy flavor literally does pOp in your mouth!
they're also a tasty source of vitamins, antioxidants & fiber,
and so good in smoothies, too!

well, that's enough fun for now!

my recipe, using kim's lovely textures for this image, was very simple ...

anna . screen . 30%
xanthe . multiply . 52%

be sure to click on over to 'the cafe' to see what's pOppin!
i'm on my way there, now!

enjoy your week!

- deborah
xoxo

summer fruit . quote

12 comments:

  1. wonderful image...and the best quote too! And your list of all the things that pop - great ideas for future pics!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much, amy ... i popped in over at your place and really enjoyed your lilacs, too!! :)

      Delete
  2. Ok Deborah! Your post POPS!!! LOVE, Love all of your pOp items - way fun! Your image is beautiful - love that pop of peach in the corner. :) Have a wonderful week!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol ... well, thank you, beverly, and i'm so glad you liked that list!
      glad you pOpped in over here, too! ;) you have a blessed week!!

      Delete
  3. Loved all your Pops ! Love the blackberries too, just beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful. Loved your descriptions of pOp and the way you deasigned your text area. Your image is just an added extra. Your text is more than enough pOp.

    Earl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. oh my, thank you so much, earl! so glad you dropped in again, and your comment is such a blessing!

      Delete
  5. I love your image and your description of all things that pOp! Wonderful post! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you for the return visit, and your sweet reply, barb! :)

      Delete
  6. Wow .. So pretty so cool and yummy... now why didn't I think of fruit. I could go for some of those for my morning cereal and as for your list I had though of most them ditto.... but did not think of firecraker. You are gifted in photograph. I thought of photogtaphing popcorn but did not have any any so I stayed with color..
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so glad to see you again, kristeen! popcorn would have been fun, but your color image was beautiful!
      thank you for your sweet words of encouragement, too! i'll be over to 'see' you soon! hugs

      Delete

Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever... it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything. - Aaron Siskind

Please do leave a comment to let me know you were here, and I'll stop in and say hi at your place, as well! I know how precious time is these days, and I really do appreciate your visit! xoxo