texture tuesday || black and white ... perhaps a touch of colour

it's a black-and-white theme over at 'the cafe' this week ...
with perhaps a wee bit of colour, for good measure!

speaking of which, i'm a 'wee bit' late getting this in,
and it was difficult to choose an image for some reason.
  well, i decided to give the flowers some time off,
and settled on my sister's seriously moody cat ... lovingly known as, miss november!
have to say, this is one of my very favorite images of her, too!

and, i'll tell you, this cat's got attitude, as you can see!
well, she didn't much like the camera in her face,
and sure let me know by that awesome expression!
i've been wanting to put a clever caption to this image, so if anyone has one,
please, do share it in the comment section below!
would love to see what you all would come up with! :)

i've shared three versions of the image for this theme,
but the first one has my simple recipe for kim's texture as follows:

to the b/w image i added a slight touch of color to her eyes then used
marabella . multiplied . 63%

the last image is miss november in full colour ...
and just so you know, she really is a sweet natured little thing!

click on over to kim's site and see more from this week's
texture tuesday's black and white theme!

thank you for dropping in again this week!
i had also shared a post prior to this one ... about mother's day.
hope you all had as beautiful day as i did!

blessings,
deborah
xoxo


Miss November IMG_6864 rs sigKKMarabella63%



Miss November IMG_6864 B/W



Miss November IMG_6864 2 cats wm2

12 comments:

  1. "Are you Kidding me"!? LOL this is sooo cute and she certainly is pretty and looks sweet. I love this Deborah! Especially the first one with a bit of color. Great picture.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. good caption ... thank you, beverly!!
      unfortunately, i haven't had a chance to get back over here to see all the comments to this!
      i am so blessed! hope you have a wonderful week! :)

      Delete
  2. Oh, she's so cute, Deborah, and I like her name !
    Love all three versions, beautiful capture !
    Nice day,
    Sylvia

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. she really is sweet, sylvia! they just had a health scare with her,
      and did not much like the veterinarian, but she's doing fine now!
      thanks so much for dropping by! :)

      Delete
  3. Just a touch of green color - done well making it a nice touch -- and my oh my a totally seriousness going on in those eye -- real good clear shot of Miss November - like her name since it's my b-day month.. heading over now to read your Mother's Day post..
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much, kristeen, and yes, her eyes are always that serious looking.
      she is older, but has always been a very good 'poser' with a whole lot of cat character going on!
      so happy to see you again! :)

      Delete
  4. I love the variations. Great shot, getting eye level; it give the picture an interesting perspective! - Lisa

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, lisa ... i'm experimenting with different angles these days ...
      i read an article about 'shooting from the hip', literally, and i do like the perspective of some of the images!

      Delete
  5. Hi Deborah,
    It is nice to meet you..thanks for visiting me (from Floral Love) as I have been so busy this weekend I have yet to pay any one a visit! I love your floral picture but wanted to comment on this one first.. I love,love your photo's..and your sister's pretty Miss November (my birth month) is so adorable...to me it looks like she is thinking..."You get one shot, just one!!" LOL!
    Kindredly,
    ~Shirley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. love your 'caption' for this, shirley! and i understand about the busy-ness of your weekend ... i had one, as well, and have not been able to get around to very many other entries, either! i do thank you for your sweet comments ... and it's so nice meeting you, as well! :)

      Delete
  6. OK, I'll pose for you but I am not too happy about it. You did great work on me. Maybe next time I'll smile a little. Very nicely done.


    Earl

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. love this 'caption', earl!! and i do so appreciate your visit, and comment!

      Delete

Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever... it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything. - Aaron Siskind

Please do leave a comment to let me know you were here, and I'll stop in and say hi at your place, as well! I know how precious time is these days, and I really do appreciate your visit! xoxo