floral love || dear daisy


joining in with mona's picturesque: floral love this week.
daisies are everywhere this time of year,
and i thought i would share two favorites of mine ...
both are 'before' and 'after' a bit of editing.

we went 'flower shopping' this week,
and this first gerbera daisy was a beauty!

the 'before' of both of these images are pretty much 'sooc',
{straight out of the camera}
other than removing a little bit of 'noise'.
the second ones are 'after' a bit of editing fun!

to see more fantastic florals, and to join in with one of yours,
just click on over to mona's floral love!

looking forward to seeing you there!
have a blessed weekend!
- deborah xoxo


IMG_5969 wm2



IMG_5969-1 wm


here is the second set ...
and yes, these are the actual colors of the flowers in the 'before' image!
a sweet friend gave them to me for my birthday ...
very colorful, yes?!
happy flowers, i'd say!

i would sure love your thoughts on the 'after' image.
i was just having some fun playing around with the tones,
and this is what i ended up with!


IMG_9969 MAR 2010 WM SOOC



IMG_9969 MAR 2010 colorchange WM


26 comments:

  1. Gorgeous work Deborah!
    I know I say the same every single week but i have no other words to describe your work of art.
    The third one is my favorite of these!
    Thank you for joining Floral Love dear!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. how sweet of you, mona! it's interesting, but i didn't think the third one would be an image people would really be drawn to!
      Lol, well, it looks like bright colors are still in, and I was wrong! thank you so much for coming by!! xoxo

      Delete
  2. All of these are just gorgeous Deborah!! Now when is/was your birthday? Mine was the 23. :-) I especially love all of the various shades and tones of the desaturated daisy photo at the bottom - it is so soothing. Thank you for stopping over to visit. Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, beverly! oh, my birthday was in march, and these flowers were very special ... they also lasted for quite awhile! thank you for your thoughts on that last image, too! you have a wonderful weekend, as well ... hoping it doesn't rain and storm as much as we're hearing! well, at least we have monday to look forward to ... cooler and sunnier!! xoxo

      Delete
  3. Wonderful flowers! I love the bright colours in the third photo.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yes, indeed, those colours certainly would brighten anyone's day ... thank you so much, gunilla!

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. thank you, betty, and your begonia is lovely!! :)

      Delete
  5. You have so lovely flowers :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! I love the tones in the second picture. I'd put that on a canvas and hang it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks so much, heather, and you have a few i'd love to put on canvas and hang, as well!! :)

      Delete
  7. I can't choose -- but Okay -- because I am a lover of color I LOVE number 3 photo.. but my heart today needs number 1. photo. That is my favorite today.. Yes indeed number 1... is a keeper or number 2. and made into a very large wall art!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you, kristeen! i hope things are okay ... i do know that flowers tend to make me perk up and feel better when things aren't going all too well! so glad i had what your heart needed in the first photo! blessings to you! xoxo

      Delete
  8. Love the original colors...very vibrant! I love daisies! But I also love what you have done to them too!
    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so glad you stopped in, kelly, and so glad you liked the processing! :)

      Delete
  9. Gorgeous, both the originals and the processed, I love those muted colours in the last one, unusual colour combo's that really work well together :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so blessed by your comment, ruth! it's so very encouraging coming from you ...
      i love your work, and i'm looking forward to trying out your textures, too! :)

      Delete
  10. Love your flowers and edit! So elegant and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you so much, birgitta! and, please, forgive me for misspelling your name when i commented on yours!!

      Delete
  11. Beautiful flowers and processing - I love them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. so glad to 'see' you, rosie, and thank you!!

      Delete
  12. Gerbers are my faves! Love, Love! Thanks for stopping by SC Photography!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. you are quite welcome ... i so enjoyed the visit!
      thank you for yours, and for leaving this sweet comment! :)

      Delete

Photography is a way of feeling, of touching, of loving. What you have caught on film is captured forever... it remembers little things, long after you have forgotten everything. - Aaron Siskind

Please do leave a comment to let me know you were here, and I'll stop in and say hi at your place, as well! I know how precious time is these days, and I really do appreciate your visit! xoxo