
*welcome to my (second) new home!
this is my first official post here and i'm starting (a bit late) with
kim klassen's cafe' and her texture tuesday challenge, 'dream-like'.
this week's challenge is all about dreamy, soft, whispery images.
for my entry, i chose a photo of some dandelions
that i had picked and put into a mason jar.
the first one is the sooc image ... before.
i chose textures from the downton collection again this week
for the processing on the second image.
first layer - 'mary' - soft light 62%
second layer - 'cora' - soft light 100%
there are so many beautiful entries to see at kim's cafe this week,
just click the link above ... and joining in is fun, too!
*a quick note for my new wordpress friends ...
thanks so much for visiting me here this week.
i do enjoy it over on my site at wordpress,
but after a little time there, i thought i would give blogger another try ...
and, as you can see, still under construction around here.
thanks so much for visiting me here this week.
i do enjoy it over on my site at wordpress,
but after a little time there, i thought i would give blogger another try ...
and, as you can see, still under construction around here.
i'm not quite sure yet which i like best for my photography.
there are things i can do here that i can't do on wordpress ...
like adding music, for one, which i have missed!
and i do like being able to size my images here, as well.
still, i'm undecided, so in the meantime, i'll use both to be sure.
now if anyone who might have also used both platforms would have any thoughts
or if you have a preference of what worked best for you,
feel free to leave it in your comment ... and thanks so much!
there are things i can do here that i can't do on wordpress ...
like adding music, for one, which i have missed!
and i do like being able to size my images here, as well.
still, i'm undecided, so in the meantime, i'll use both to be sure.
now if anyone who might have also used both platforms would have any thoughts
or if you have a preference of what worked best for you,
feel free to leave it in your comment ... and thanks so much!
have a blessed week!
deborah
xoxo


Hi Deborah! Thank you for your lovely post on my WP photo this week, and last week. Actually I have both WP and blogger..a few months ago I moved both blogs over to WP as there were things I liked about it very much, but I miss having the newest post title show up on blogs I follow...I really miss that. Your new blog is lovely and I especially love the header photo - just glorious, as are your TT dandelions in the blue Mason jar!!! Love those jars! Unable to decide between Blogger or WP myself. Your music is so nice and soothing ... a nice feature for sure. Thanks again for comments. We'll stay in touch! xx
ReplyDeletethank you for returning the visit, beverly!! so appreciate all of your sweet comments, and your thoughts on the two blog hosts!! comforting to know that i'm not the only one who is having trouble deciding between the two of them! :) i'm also very happy to know that you're on blogger, as well ... i'll just have to come visit your home on here! we'll definitely stay in touch this way. you have a blessed weekend! xoxo
DeleteI like your new site, of course I am blogger so it is easy for me to post. Love your header image and well your KK images for the week are super fun. Love the dandelions, these little weeds just don't get enough respect.
ReplyDeletethank you so much for your kind comments, barbara ... so glad we can stay in touch through here, as well! you have a wonderful weekend! :)
DeleteHi Deborah,
ReplyDeleteThank you so much for visiting me on my blog. I really like your new blog and certainly will be a regular visitor.
Best Wishes.
thank you for your sweet comment, carmel, and i'll look forward to your future visits!
DeleteHI Deborah,
ReplyDeleteI am just about ready to jump over to world press. I am told that it is better because you own your site. Unlike blogger. I have not worked with it yet but that is my intention... Wonderful weeds, I love weeds. Well, maybe not in my garden. Thanks so much for the visit!
thank you for the return visit! and, i have heard that about wordpress, as well ... another thing to consider in my decision! i do hope it all works well for you when you make the move! looking forward to visiting you there, too!
DeleteI am totally new to the whole blogger world and started with the google blogger which I just couldn't understand...but then my learning curve is still at the bottom :) Switched to wordpress and while I find it easier, I am still trying to figure out how to do things... This new site is very lovely and I love the music! Oh and your "weeds" are lovely also :)
ReplyDeletethank you for the return visit, judy ... such an encouraging comment! i use to have lots of trouble figuring out wordpress, but they did change things to make it a bit easier, and that's when i started using it more. it still seems, to me anyway, that blogger is easier to add things to a site by way of 'gadgets' ... and easier to place on the layout page, too. either way, i do so appreciate your thoughts on it! want to also add again that your work is lovely, as well!! p.s. and i'm glad you enjoyed the music! :)
DeleteThis is so beautiful! I love the angle you've taken, the tones and also the texture processing - although it's already gorgeous without the textures!
ReplyDeleteSo sweet ... thank you, Rosie!! :)
DeleteSweet image. I have a soft spot for colored glass.
ReplyDeleteI've been using Blogger for a few years now & it does everything I need for now. They have improved over time and added shortcuts to editing that I appreciate.
You mentioned that you like having music on your blog. I'm not a a big fan myself for a couple of reasons. One, it takes pages longer to load when there is music. Two, I usually have my own background music or tv on, so having music come up on someone's site doesn't entertain me... Just saying.
Thank you for visiting my blog & your encouraging comments.
so appreciate the return visit, your kind comment on my image, and for your thoughts on blogger, regina! thank you! :)
DeleteThis is such a lovely and dreamy image; makes me want to blow on the dandelions. Thanks for stopping by my blog and commenting.
ReplyDeletethank you for stopping in here at my place, too ... and, who can resist blowing on a few dandelions when they're around ... not me!! :)
Deleteso so lovely. love the blue.... Thanks for visiting my blog!
ReplyDeletei thank you so, so much, roxi! :)
Deletei really appreciate your comment!
Thank you for your encouraging comments on my Flickr post! I love mason jars, too! This is image is beautiful. I love your DOF and the processing is spot on!
ReplyDeleteand thank you for your encouraging comment, as well, lola!
Deletei have a kitchen full of mason jars!
can't seem to get enough of them! lol!
so appreciate your visit, here, too! :)